Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Braxton Hicks

So about a month ago I started noticing the occasional belly tightening, most often while walking or doing some other kind of exercise. Since then, the frequency of these fun little "toning contractions" as my midwife calls them, have been increasing steadily.

With still 7 weeks to go I can now count on . . . I don't even know . . . dozens, maybe, Braxton Hicks contractions every day. Sometimes in an hour I will notice 5 or 6, which if you do the math, is practically like early labor (30 second contractions 7-10 mins apart).

I have heard before of people starting to contract well before (1-2 months before) they actually went into labor but for some reason this wasn't something I pictured for myself. :-/

These contractions are not painful, not at all, but they are fairly uncomfortable. James is still transverse(sideways)/breech(head up), and depending on his position, these contractions push his hard little butt into one side of my belly and his hard little head into the other side, or even more delightfully, into my ribs. Depending on how I am sitting, this can be RATHER uncomfortable, or sometimes not too big of a deal.

Anyway, I'm going to try to drink lots of water to see if that helps slow them down a bit--the idea of contracting like this for the next 7 weeks is not sounding all that fun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...