Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Heartburn VS Laziness

I discovered a while back that the biggest contributor to my heartburn was drinking green tea throughout the day. I find that if I don't have any (and even while eating other, typically problematic foods), that I will have little to no heartburn. Which, delightfully, has most recently taken the form of acid/puke burps. Ewww.

However, now I'm also discovering that without my green tea (and as the baby gets bigger, heavier, and more and more greedy with our mutual oxygen supply), I am fighting the urge to do NOTHING ALL DAY. I am tired and feel like most activities are pointless. Siiiigh.

I DO have ADD and have always been quite successful with my low dose of adderall. However, I haven't been taking it since I got pregnant. Tea was a nice stand-in; a little caffeine to get me moving and focused. But without either of these things I find myself lazy and listless. Sigh.

The last few days, I've just been dealing with the heartburn. Our house can't go neglected for more than one day without serious consequences.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Have you tried other types of tea? Maybe something else won't give you heartburn (but you can still get the caffeine!).

Marilyn said...

maybe just directly inject caffeine into veins? maybe cheap nut place sells cheap medicial supplies

Aletta said...

I took Zantac daily during the 3T and it was a life saver. I understand the desire to try to manage it with diet up to a point. But, it might be worth considering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...