Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Maternity Clothes Issues

So I've had two shopping sessions at Motherhood Maternity. The first was this time, and the second was this time.

In the first session, I bought two pairs of shorts--one size small and one size medium, a size small pair of jeans, and a variety of summery tops.

In the second session, I bought a pair of medium cords, a long-sleeved shirt, some soft stretchy white shorts and a few other cute tops.

Well, I'm realizing now what I suspected during our second trip--I'm just totally done with the small size pants. I wore the small jeans yesterday (and I had a relatively busy day--I volunteered at the coop, got my back adjusted, and went to our third Bradley class), and I was SO uncomfortable. I got home, whipped those pants off and immediately felt better.

There is definitely an additional shirt issue. I had been wearing a lot of my bigger and stretchier non-maternity T-shirts and tops, but now many of them are way too tight, or I am worried that I am stretching them out permanently, or they fit okay but are WAY too short to cover the stretchy maternity pants belly-panel, which means I need to wear a long tank top under them anyway.

So the final verdict here is that I think I might need to go shopping for maternity clothes yet again. I guess I want a medium pair of jeans, another pair of stretchy PJ pants, and a few more long-sleeved shirts . . . otherwise it will be a long two months here at the end trying to stuff myself into my current wardrobe.

At least the next time I am pregnant, I will have a nice stockpile in summer and winter styles. :-/

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I hear ya! I'm definitely in the same boat and bought a few new maternity shirts and a pair of yoga pants yesterday. Hopefully it's enough to get me through the rest of the pregnancy.

Marilyn said...

I wanna go with you! Let's plan a trip soon!!! Maybe when we get back from Montauk?

justadrienne said...

Okay B!

Wildefrost said...

Dude! Salvation Army! I can't believe you're spending full price. You're the queen of thrift :)

Ella said...

Have you checked out a thrift store? I found SO many great mat clothes there that were barely used!

justadrienne said...

Hmmm--I've never seen any maternity clothes in our Salvation Army, but maybe it's worth taking a look.

We live in a college town so like 75% of the population is 17-24 and not having kids, that might be part of it . . .

Anyway, pretty much all the clothes I have gotten at Motherhood have been on sale/clearance so it doesn't end up being too bad. It would definitely be nice to find some things in thrift stores, though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...