Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Insomnia/Showers/Nerves

Topic One: Insomnia. It is 5:30 in the morning and I've been awake for two hours. No, I'm not having contractions or any signs of imminent birth. I just plain can't fall asleep. Basically over the last couple weeks, I have increasingly had trouble falling asleep--"trouble" meaning that it takes me 30 mins or an hour to fall asleep at night instead of being able to fall asleep immediately, and if I wake up in the middle of the night to pee (inevitably) it may again take me 30 mins or an hour to fall asleep . . . and this is the second or third time that I haven't been able to fall back asleep at all. So here I am.

Topic Two: Showers. Well, taking a LONG shower/bath has become a nightly (or nearly nightly) ritual for me...I'm just so uncomfortable--my back always hurts so much, and sitting around in the evening I just start feeling so uncomfortable and crampy and everything that I inevitably end up going to take a shower. I think it helps to relax all my muscles so I'm less likely to need to put ice on my back in order to fall asleep--and I'm less likely to be insomnia-ish. It obviously didn't help much tonight. :-/

Topic Three: Nerves. Not like nervousness. Like, there is a baby head pressing against the nerve that runs down my inner thigh and I'm increasingly hit by shooting pains down my inner thigh all the way down my leg. Some days/hours/etc this has been happening rather OFTEN--a few times an hour or something, and sometimes seemingly over and over . . . the other night I could NOT lay on my right side or it would just happen repeatedly. And I couldn't lay on my back either, so I was stuck on my left side without being able to move into any other position. Siiigh. I guess it's a sign that he is very low. He seemingly has dropped several times. So I have stabbing nerve pains.

And that's that. Sorry for the complainy-ness. Honestly I don't even care about all this stuff at this point because I only have a week left (give or take a few days). So who cares--bring it on. I can survive anything for a week.

1 comment:

Kassidy said...

I hear ya on the insomnia thing. I would end up sleeping in our recliner cause it was the only way I could get comfy. Plus I felt super guilty tossing and turning and waking Matt up. So if I took longer than usual to fall asleep I'd waddle my butt to the living room, turn on the TV, and try to bore myself to sleep. I did notice the closer I got to D-Day the harder it was for me to sleep. Just sleep when and where you can. You'll want to be as well rested as possible when the time comes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...