Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Monday, February 14, 2011

V Day Confession

:::Okay, this is somewhat TMI, so stop reading now if you don't want to know, LOL!:::




Okay so I'm going to (wo)man up and admit it: We haven't, ahem, "done the deed" yet.

At six weeks (when you are supposedly "allowed" to start doing it again), I just seriously wasn't ready. I was just starting to feel normal, and I just wasn't in the mood. I felt pretty strongly at that point that I was totally focused on the baby and that's what I should be focused on. I feel like the time after the baby is born is sort of sacred--I think there is a reason many Moms feel like they are keeping the baby alive by sheer force of will--it IS the time to be focused on the baby (and yourself in order to care for the baby).

So at six weeks I told James that I needed more time, and that since Valentine's Day was around 12 weeks postpartum, I figured it was a good time to start up again. And he has ANXIOUSLY been awaiting this day, let me tell you!

Anyway, I'm not really (too) nervous anymore--I really think it will be fine, maybe even nice!

4 comments:

Liz said...

Confession--Sean and I have only DTD once in 5 months, though we've done other things. It's different, and it's tough to with a baby who doesn't like to share mom. LOL

Good luck, and enjoy!

Katelynne said...

The first time around DH and I tried at 2, yes 2, weeks PP. I cried for an hour afterwards, I just wasn't ready. This time we waited 6 week to try, and then I was alright. Valentine's Day is as good as any!

foraslongasthereislife.blogspot.com

justadrienne said...

Liz, I think I have you beat. We did it when I was hugely pregnant as a last-resort to try to get the baby out, but before that we hadn't in months, either!

Liz said...

That was referring to the 5 months since Peter was born. I can't remember how long it was before that. I know we planned to the weekend Peter was born. Apparently just the thought of DTD kick-started labor for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...