Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Plans

Tonight is another momentous occasion, because it will be my first time away from the baby for any significant period of time . . . (and THE first time James has been without Mom OR Dad). So far I have once went to CVS without him (15 min trip), and James once took him to pick up Chinese Food while I took a shower (15 min trip), and I once went to visit a friend of mine for like an hour and a half.

But tonight we are going out to dinner at It's Only Natural, which is about 45 mins away from us, and we'll have a nice long leisurely dinner with appetizers AND desserts (and gluten, even, haha). My sister is going to be babysitting for us and I totally trust her and she's been around James a lot, so that makes it easier. And the fact that he is such an easy baby, too--I KNOW he will be fine because it's hard to mess up too much with him.

Still, I anticipate missing him. I also anticipate we'll talk a lot about him at dinner. I know some couples have a rule not to talk about the baby while they are on a date, but James is just as in love with him as I am, so whatever. We LIKE talking about him, LOL.

Anyway, I'm going to try to make it special. I might even dress up, in a particularly unprecedented move for me. Actually I just realized that the dress I'm planning on wearing I wore last year for Valentine's Day, too, LOL!--Still, that was the last time I wore it and it's pretty sexy so I think James will still be pretty excited about it.

I'm going to take a nice long shower this afternoon, oil myself all over (coconut oil--best thing ever for hair and skin!), and PERHAPS maybe even wax my man-legs. I haven't decided yet if I am up for that or not.

I got him a card, but I still need to fill it out and think about if I'm going to get him any kind of present (probably not, since my afternoon is quickly filling up, LOL).

So yeah yeah I'm excited to have a night alone with James.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i wanna see the dress!

justadrienne said...

It's (also) the one I wore for our rehearsal dinner (day before our wedding). It's red? You can probably find a pic of me in it on FB.

Ella said...

Have fun tonight Adrienne! Sounds like fun, and little James will have fun with his auntie, I'm sure! Have your sister take a pic of you and James before you leave!!

Emma said...

Have fun!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...