Expecting our Little Brother in November!

pregnancy calendar

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Old School Sunday: My Away Message

If you haven't heard about my new blog series "Old School Sunday", read the back story!

And if you want, catch up on what you missed (read from the bottom up!)

Getting to the end of the fall semester of my sophomore year in college . . . just started writing again after a six-month break . . .

11th December 2002
3:26am
Current Mood: satisfied


"Would it be possible for humans to feel love as deeply as they can, but not hate? Just as the existence of Heaven can only be explained in the face of Hell, I am afraid that hate is connected to love too strongly to separate out one from the other. Psychologists say that chemically, hate and love are identical. People say that you can only truly hate people that you love. I say that people choose their own emotions, and if they don't, the emotions choose them, and control is lost."

So that was what my away message said, and then I read it over and I started thinking. What if the body just produces a physical (chemical) reaction to our world, and it is our brain that assigns value to these, in essence, emotions. If we realize this, we start to realize our ability to control how we feel, at every moment of our lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...